GE supplies 1.2 GW CCPP in Malaysia

Published on: 

GE will supply a 1.2 GW combined cycle power plant, the Pulau Indah Power Plant in Malaysia, with two 9HA.01 gas turbines. The natural gas fired plant will enter commercial operations in 2024. GE will provide two blocks of 600 megawatts (MW), each including a GE 9HA.01 gas turbine, an STF-D650 steam turbine, a W88 generator and a Once Through Heat Recovery Steam Generator (OT HRSG).


GE secured the order from the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) consortium of Posco Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd. (POSCO), Mitsubishi Corporation and PEC Powercon Sdn. Bhd. to provide power generation equipment for the plant. For the project, GE signed a 21-year services agreement with PIPP, a Special Purpose Vehicle led by two prominent shareholders namely Worldwide Holdings Berhad and Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO). Worldwide Holdings Berhad, being the Selangor state-linked company holds 75% shareholding of PIPP, while KEPCO, the largest electric utility company in South Korea, holds the remaining 25%. The planned maintenance work will include capital parts, major inspections on the 9HA.01 gas turbines, along with technical advisory services, and repairs. Overall plant performance will be monitored and enhanced with GE’s integrated Mark* VIe Distributed Control System.